ERRY

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

ERRY, a parish, in the barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3 ½ miles (N. by E.) from Cashel, on the mail coach road from Dublin to Cork; containing 772 inhabitants. It comprises 1605 statute acres, and is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel; the tithes, amounting to £77. 1. 1., are sequestrated in the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, who pay a stipend to the curate of an adjoining parish for performing the occasional duties. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Boherlahan. There is a private school, in which are about 50 children.

« Errigal-Trough | Index | Esker »


Library Ireland Facebook