EMLAGH, or IMLAGH

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

EMLAGH, or IMLAGH, a parish, in the barony of LOWER KELLS, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N. E. by E.) from Kells, on the road from Moynalty to Navan; containing 349 inhabitants; and comprising 2964 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The river Borora runs through the parish, and joins the Blackwater at Bloomsbury. Here is a large bog, which supplies the surrounding country with fuel. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Newtown: the tithes amount to £90. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Stahalmock.

« Emerick, or Imphrick | Index | Emly »


Library Ireland Facebook