EDDY ISLAND

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

EDDY ISLAND, in Galway bay, parish of DROMACOO, barony of DUNKELLIN, county of GALWAY, and province of CONNAUGHT, 5 miles (S. by E.) from Galway: the population is returned with the parish. It comprises 95 acres of land, and is a prebend in the diocese of Kilmacduagh, and in the patronage of the Bishop, endowed with a portion of the tithes of Dromacoo, amounting to £6. 6. With other lands it was granted by Charles II., in 1667, to Dr. Robert Georges, at a rent of £1. 2. 10 ¾. Here are the ruins of an old castle.

« Eastersnow | Index | Edenderry »


Library Ireland Facebook