St. Mark's Parish, Dublin
From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837
St. Mark's parish was severed from that of St. Andrew by act of parliament in 1707: it contains 14,811 inhabitants, and 1076 houses valued at £5 and upwards, the total annual value being £38,592. The living is a vicarage, in the joint patronage of the Lord-Chancellor, the Archbishop of Dublin, the three Chief Judges, and the Master of the Rolls; the minister's money is £330. 3. 3. The church is situated in Mark-street, adjacent to Brunswick-street: it was built in 1729, and is a large building perfectly plain; the interior is very neat and commodious. The Ecclesiastical Commissioners have granted £165. 13. 5. for repairing it. The Mariners' church, built in Forbes-street in 1832, and the Episcopal chapel belonging to the marine school, are in this parish; as locally is Trinity College, which is extra-parochial. There are parochial, day, and female schools., one on the foundation of Erasmus Smith, the marine school for sailors' orphans, a female orphan school, and an infants' school.