St. Audeon's Roman Catholic Parish, Dublin
From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837
St. Audeon's, the smallest R. C. parish in the city, comprises the whole of the Protestant parish of the same name. The chapel, situated off Bridge-street, is in bad repair and too small for the congregation; a considerable sum has been already subscribed towards its re-erection. There is a male and female school in which 20 of each sex are clothed; also the Malachian Orphan Society for destitute children. John Power, Esq., in 1835, erected in Cook-street a building for 24 aged and destitute widows, at an expense of about £700; it is supported by subscriptions and an annual charity sermon.