From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837
DUNMORE, a parish, in the county of the city of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3 ½ miles (N.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Durrow; containing 875 inhabitants. It comprises 2264 statute acres, and has a constabulary police station. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, united with the vicarages of Muckalee and Kilmodum, and in the patronage of the Crown; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde. The tithes amount to £175. 3., of which £85. 3. is payable to the impropriator, and £90 to the vicar; the tithes of the union are £210. The glebe-house was erected in 1816, by aid of a gift of £350 and a loan of £450 from the late Board of First Fruits: the glebe comprises 22 acres. The church is a plain building, recently repaired by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, at an expense of £114. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Muckalee.