DIAMORE, or DIAMOR, a parish

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

DIAMORE, or DIAMOR, a parish, in the barony of DEMIFORE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 1 ½ mile (W.) from Crossakeel, on the road from Oldcastle to Kells; containing 724 inhabitants. This parish comprises 4207 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. At Diamor is a quarry of good limestone, chiefly used for building; and at Bellvue is the neat residence of John Daniell, Esq. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, and forms part of the union of Loughcrew; the rectory is impropriate in E. Rotheram, of Hollymount, Esq. The tithes amount to £140, payable in equal portions to the impropriator and the vicar. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Kilskyre. There is a private school, in which are about 20 boys and 20 girls.

« Devlane | Index | Dingindonovan »


Library Ireland Facebook