BELLAGAN, a village

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

BELLAGAN, a village, in the parish of CARLINGFORD, barony of LOWER DUNDALK, county of LOUTH, and province of LEINSTER, 2 ½ miles (S.) from Carlingford; containing 155 inhabitants. It is situated on the south-west side of the entrance into the bay of Carlingford, and consists of about 25 houses, which are mostly inhabited by small farmers and agricultural labourers.—See CARLINGFORD.

« Belgriffin | Index | Bellaghy »