BALLYHALE, a village
From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837
BALLYHALE, a village, in the parish of DERRYNAHINCH, barony of KNOCKTOPHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (S. by E.) from Knocktopher, on the road from Kilkenny to Waterford; containing 69 houses and 369 inhabitants. Fairs are held on Jan. 5th, March 28th, May 10th, July 9th, Sept. 21st, Nov. 11th, and Dec. 8th. The parochial R. C. chapel, a neat building with an ancient tower, is situated at this place, which gives name to the union or district, comprising the parishes of Derrynahinch, Knocktopher, Aughavillar, and Killeasy, and parts of those of Burnchurch, Jerpoint, and Kells, and containing four other chapels, besides a friary chapel.—See DERRYNAHINCH.