BALLINAGORE, a village

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

BALLINAGORE, a village, in the parish of NEWTOWN, barony of MOYCASHEL, county of WESTMEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2 ½ miles (N. E.) from Kilbeggan, on the road to Mullingar; containing 35 houses and 182 inhabitants. The river Brusna flows through the village, and is crossed by a bridge of four arches. On its banks is an extensive bleach-green, with a fulling-mill, the property of W. H. Mulock, Esq. There are also some large flour-mills, capable of grinding 40,000 barrels of wheat annually, and affording employment to 70 men. Here is a station of the constabulary police.—See NEWTOWN.

« Ballinagleragh | Index | Ballinahaglish »


Library Ireland Facebook