AGHACREW, or AUGHACREW, a parish

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

AGHACREW, or AUGHACREW, a parish, in the barony of KILNEMANAGH, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 7 miles (N. N. E.) from Tipperary, on the new line of road from that place to Nenagh; containing 390 inhabitants. It comprises only 364 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act; and contains High Park, the residence of the Rev. John Hunt. It is in the diocese of Cashel, and the rectory is wholly appropriate to the Archbishop's mensal: the tithes amount to £40. 10. 4. There is no church: the Protestant inhabitants attend divine service at Toam, about three miles distant.

« Aghabologue | Index | Aghacross »


Library Ireland Facebook