ADNITH, or ATHNETT, a parish

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

ADNITH, or ATHNETT, a parish, in the barony of ELIOGARTY, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 ¼ miles (S. by E.) from Templemore, on the river Suir, and on the road from Thurles to Templemore and Rathdowney; containing 253 inhabitants. It comprises 826 statute acres, and in the Down survey and county books is not noticed as a parish, but as forming a part of the parish of Rahelty, which was part of the possessions of the abbey of Woney. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, and forms part of the union of Thurles; the rectory is impropriate in Edward Taylor, Esq. The tithes amount to £72, of which £39 is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions also it is part of the union or district of Thurles.

« Addergoole | Index | Adregoole »


Library Ireland Facebook