WADE, ROBERT

(fl. c. 1780-1785)

Miniature Painter

From A Dictionary of Irish Artists 1913

His name first appears in 1780, when he announced in an advertisement his removal, "for greater convenience for receiving the commands of the nobility," from Exchequer Street to No. 61 Great George's Street. He took "likenesses in miniature at a guinea each." From 1782 to 1785 he was in Parliament Street, and afterwards at No. 7 Essex Bridge. He exhibited miniatures at the Society of Artists in William Street in 1780.

« J. Wade | Contents and Search | William Frederick Wakeman »

Abbreviations


Library Ireland Facebook