SISSON, RICHARD

(fl. 1686-1707)

Painter

From A Dictionary of Irish Artists 1913

He was admitted to the freedom of the Corporation of Painter-Stayners and Cutlers, the Guild of St. Luke, in 1686, and was one of the Wardens in 1704. The Proctor's accounts of Christ Church Cathedral for 1688, contain the entry: "Mr. Sisson for finishing the altar-piece £11 17s." His name disappears from the list of members of the Guild after 1707.

« John Simpson | Contents and Search | Richard Sisson »

Abbreviations


Library Ireland Facebook