Henry De Loundres
From A Compendium of Irish Biography, 1878
De Loundres, Henry, Archbishop of Dublin, was consecrated to the office in 1213. He was much trusted by King John, and attended him at Runnymede, when he signed the great charter. He occupied more than once the post of Lord-Deputy of Ireland. During De Loundres' episcopate Glendalough was united to the see of Dublin, and St. Patrick's raised from a parish to a cathedral church. He died in July 1228, and was buried in Christ Church. De Loundres obtained the opprobrious epithet of "Scorch-villein" from his perfidy on one occasion, in calling his tenants to produce their leases at an appointed time, and sweeping all the documents into a fire prepared for the purpose.
12. Archbishops of Dublin, Memoirs of: John D'Alton. Dublin, 1838. Archdall, Mervyn, see No. 216.
339. Ware, Sir James, Works: Walter Harris. 2 vols. Dublin, 1764.