From Irish Pedigrees; or the Origin and Stem of the Irish Nation by John O'Hart
Arms: Ar. three ducal crowns gu. Crest: A lion's paw erased, holding a sceptre in pale ppr. Other Arms: An oak tree eradicated vert. Crest: On a mound vert a demi lion ramp. or.
ART, a younger brother of Cathal, who is No. 103 on the "Donnellan" (of Connaught) pedigree, was the ancestor of this branch of that family:
103. Art: son of Donallan.
104. Logan (or Melaghlin): his son.
105. Cathal: his son.
106. Flann: his son.
107. Amhailgadh: his son.
108. Flann Oge: his son.
109. Lochlan: his son.
110. Cormac na g-Corn: his son. 1399.
111. Flann: his son. 1452.
112. Teige: his son. 1478.
113. Ceallach: his son. d. 1508.
114. Lochlan (2): his son.
115. Lochlan (3): his son.
116. Lochlan (4): his son.
117. Melaghlin: his son; died 1548.
118. Nehemias: his son; Arch bishop of Tuam.
119. John: his son. 1655.
120. Melaghlin (2): his son. 1673.
121. John Mór: his son. 1710.
122. Melaghlin (3): his son. 1726.
123. John, of Dublin; died 1743. Had twenty-one children by his wife, thirteen of whom d. young.
124. Malachy: his son; died at Ballydonelan. He had three surviving brothers and four sisters.
125. John: his son.
126. Malachy (2): his son.
127. Arthur Donelan: his son; living in 1843.
Charlotte Milligan Fox, sister of the poet Alice Milligan, was a founding member of the Irish Folk Song Society and an indefatigable field collector of Irish traditional music. Her singularly important work on Irish haprers is here presented for the twenty-first century reader. This edition of Annals offers a much greater number of illustrations than were included in the original 1911 publication, a full biographical introduction, an extensive bibliography of the writings of Milligan Fox and an appendix discussing the variant texts of Arthur O’Neills Memoirs.
Join our mailing list to receive updates on new content on Library, our latest ebooks, and more.
You won't be inundated with emails! — we'll just keep you posted periodically — about once a monthish — on what's happening with the library.